Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's only hair

I hear people say this all the time.

I don't feel that way.

I love my long hair and I go to great lengths (HA) to keep it healthy. Even though I do realize that at some point it will only make sense to cut it because I hear that old ladies with long hair are only trying to hang on to their youth. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that.

Yesterday I had a foil weave, and since we moved I had to find a new salon. What did I do? Go to the one voted most popular in this city! Why not?

I told her to go ahead and cut a few inches off. It was waist length and we have a lot of wind out here so I thought the ends were getting a little skimpy.

She showed me what she was going to cut off and it seemed reasonable.

Well it's now just below my bra strap, and that is more than the three inches she showed me. I think my search for a hair stylist will continue, or else next time I'll take in my own ruler.

I do love the color, though. She used two different tones, one blond and one kind of copper-y. When I saw The Boy I asked if he liked it. He said it was okay that I cut it, but he didn't like the color.

"I liked it better with the black on top," he said.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I have to admit, when I'm watching What Not To Wear and the woman freaks about having her hair cut, I want to reach through the TV and smack her. I've never seen a haircut done the way Nick wants it come out any other way but much better.

    Your color sounds gorgeous...and when your length was 20 inches, 17 won't seem noticeable to the casual aquaintances.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Love the comment from The Boy!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home