Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Change

When I was going downtown for interviews and then my orientation, I needed change for the parking meters.

The first time I had coins in my purse. That is rare - I spend my coins if I have them.

The second time, MFH gave me the change I needed.

The third time I had to exchange a dollar bill for the change out of The Boy's money bag. He calls it his wallet. That evening I told him what I had done. I made it very clear that I put money in for the money I took out.

The Boy knows money fairly well, but he doesn't really understand that a dollar bill is the same as four quarters, etc. It must have weighed heavily on his mind, though, because a few days later we were driving and from the back seat his sad little voice said, "Mom? Are you going to need money out of my wallet everyday when you go to work?"

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Kids are such capitalists! Mine is, too. So are you going to swap some coins for the dollar?

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger DD said…

    That's why we chose to leave coins in the amount of a dollar for XBoy's first lost tooth under his pillow.

    A dollar bill just doesn't seem to have that same "value".

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger carla said…

    again

    love

    sight (and mullet) unseen.

    C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home