Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Innocence lost

Last night we were cleaning the table after dinner and I absently looked at the patio doors, I guess hoping to see a little black and white face peering in at me, like I've done a million times in the past week. I made a comment, and I wish I could remember what it was because The Boy looked at me in a panic and said, "Boots might not be coming home?" And then tears.

I took him to the living room and sat with him and explained how Boots would come home because he loves us and would never want to be away from us........IF he could.

But there is a chance that he can't come home.

There is a chance that he is no longer alive.

It's been a week, and that's a long time for a seven month old kitten to be on his own.

We cried.

I am getting another kitten. Not because I didn't love Boots, but because I did.

And we're still hoping that he's able to come home.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I'm sorry The Boy's heart is broken.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I'm sooooo sorry. It totally stinks to lose a pet, especially since you don't know what happened. I hope that he may find his way home at some point.

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im so sorry as well

    carla

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :(

    Poor boy. Poor Karen.

    Boots could be in a home where they don't get the newspaper, or don't bother looking at the lost and found ads.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll show up. New kittens and puppies are always fun no matter the circumstance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home