Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas kitten


We adopted Itty from one of those homeless animal centers on December 22. He is only about six weeks old. He was isolated in a cage with his three siblings, all of whom were adopted that same day, and his mother.

I was leary of bringing home such a baby, but naturally I couldn't leave him there. It was such a sad place, and I feel really bad for his mother who was left there alone. She was abandoned on the doorstep in a box with the babies.

They had a "sick room" with some cats infected with respiratory virus. She told me what to look for, and to bring Itty back for medication if we saw any symptoms.

We got one free vet check (our regular vet clinic participates in this program) within three days of adopting him. He got a clean bill of health.

And then he started sneezing.

And then there was discharge from his eyes and nose.

Back to the vet for medication to the tune of a $100 bill. I just couldn't take him back to the shelter. He's worth every penny.

I hope he feels better soon.

We still look for Boots.

(Itty is short for Itty Bitty Kitty.)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    What a handsome guy! That collar swallows him whole! Too funny.

    Glad he's making it through the respiratory infection.

    I'm still holding out for Boots, too.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you sound so much like I am:

    naturally I couldnt leave him there.



    Carla

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    He's adorable!

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Itty is toooo cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home