Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

If you give him an inch...

he'll take a mile.

The inspection was done on our old house Monday. We know the roof needs attention, that is obvious. The basement windows are not egress - he is a single man and that isn't an issue for him right now. That is all.

Except for the gas hot water heat boiler. The inspector said it has a small leak from a valve. The realtor couldn't see it, and we didn't know of it either.

Buyer wants us to have someone come look at it and repair it if need be.

Um. No.

We lowered the price of the house $10,000 just so you could afford to buy it. The realtor lowered his commission to 3.5 percent so we could pay your closing fees for you without losing any money from the sale of the house.

We've done enough. I'll yank that little buy sell right off the table if that's how you want to play.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your boy and your puppies look absolutely adorable in your last post... and I love the term puck hos.

    I have no experience selling a home, but buying a home was traumatic enough. Good for you for saying no. After all the favors that man has a lot of gall to ask for more. I'd be embarrassed to even make the request!!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Geeez, yeah, I'd say you've given him enough concessions. He can handle a small leak for himself. I think the 10K ought to cover it.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    seriously

    I totally expect that chickenbus when we put our house on the market as well.

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home