Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Premonition

Our paper is delivered up at the main road. When the weather is nice and it's light outside, I walk up to get the paper in the morning. When it's not, I drive.

Yesterday I got in my car to go get the Sunday paper.

And I backed right into the closed garage door.

My mind immediately went "F&%$!!!!!"

I tried to remember opening the garage door.

Just a few days ago I remember thinking, "I wonder how many people have driven into their garage doors?" I don't know why, I just wondered. It's probably sleep deprivation more than anything, with two jobs, two dogs who wake me up to go out every night, a kitten who purrs in my ear all night, and a sick kid who had me up two nights last week. But you have to wonder about your mind messing with you that way.

I pulled forward and trudged upstairs to wake MFH and break the good news to him. He told me to go have a cup of coffee, got up and showered, and bent the garage door into a working order until we can have it fixed or replaced.

Didn't he handle that well????

7 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    What a good man you have there! :-)
    With all of those things humming around in your brain, something was bound to happen...It happens to us all in one form or another.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger DD said…

    My husband is the one who has backed into a closed garage door. Because almost everyone in his family has done so, I actually double-check every time I put the car into gear.

    If it can happen to my husband, it can (and obviously does) happen to the BEST of us.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    He's a saint. Stuff happens.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Wow - he handled that very well!

    I swear my IQ has sunk to double digits recently...I can't remember to do anything! My husband has actually expressed concern about me driving lately because I've turned into such an airhead.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger carla said…

    we have married the same man.

    I like to think C would react the SAME WAY.

    love.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Happy said…

    Definitely handled it well!!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    ooooops.

    Not sure how mine would handle it. He'd probably be perturbed, but wouldn't make a huge deal of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home