Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Sick of sick

Poor Boy.

His most excellent report card noted that he was absent seven days in the second quarter - the five days directly before Christmas break and two days shortly after they returned to school.

All since he saw the ENT that recommended removing his tonsils and adenoids, and putting tubes in his ears.

Concidental? Perhaps.

All last week he complained of a sore under his tongue. Now, he does get canker sores so we didn't think much of it even though we couldn't see any sign of a sore. We put O.rajel in his mouth to appease him.

Now I wonder where exactly the pain originated.

Yesterday he woke up feeling puny and got worse as the day progressed. He was better this morning, but stayed home with my mom. When I came home, his fever was very high. I looked in his throat just because, and it looks like his tonsils are infected.

Or he has strep.

In any case, it looks like we are off to the doctor for a second opinion.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Priscilla said…

    oh no! I hope it's just a mild virus and not strep. Keep us posted and know we have The Boy in our thoughts. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home