Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tea-lightful

It was a very pleasant afternoon.

The M.oss M.ansion is an historic house museum. It was built in 1903 and cost $105,000.00. It is all original.

They have tours daily, and at different times of the year they have theme displays. Currently they are presenting Here Comes The Bride - 100 years of wedding fashions from families of the Yellowstone Valley.

MFH's great-grandmother's wedding dress from 1908 is on display, along with 53 other dresses, only 3 of which are older than hers. My MIL also displayed their framed marriage license and their wedding picture. They cropped G-G Mabel's picture out and used it on the entrance tickets, as well as on a poster of the event. This was all a surprise. We (MFH's aunt and myself) didn't know that she had taken these items in. It was really quite nice.

I wore a very light weight black skirt with a tan lacy overlay and a black lace jacket, hose and heels. I was overdressed. There were many people there in flipflops and jeans, but my MIL was happy that we had occasion to dress up.

Sometimes, it's all about making her happy.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gracious me!
    flipflops and jeans?!

    wait

    was I there?!

    Carla

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    How very cool about the pictures!!!

    I find it sad that so many people dress down for events these days. Now, don't get me wrong, I dress ultra-casual most of the time. But, for certain things, it's nice to get dressed up. And I'm usually over-dressed. I remember going to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway for the Saturday night show and insisting that we dress up. Ha! We were one of the few. I couldn't believe how many were in jeans. I really thought that was one of the few things people still dressed for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home