Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Choosing a book by it's cover

The Boy has Library every Wednesday. I always look forward to seeing what book he chooses because more and more it's one that he and his dad can enjoy together - the wonders of motocross, motorcycles, etc. Plus, as a child, I looked so forward to library every week and I have tried to instill my love of books (even though I currently have no time for recreational reading, with the exception of his nightly story) into my child.

Last week I opened his backpack to find An.Inconvenient.Truth by that one time vice.president that invented the internet.

Now, as a librarian, would you let a five year old choose that book? Wouldn't you try to steer him in a different direction?

When I asked him why he chose that book, he said, "I just liked the pictures."

At least he didn't lie and say he got it for the articles!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny, funny kid. My husband has that kind of honesty, too (but not for anything that vp has written).

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    How funny. And yes, you would think the librarian might ask him about it.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Wait till you see my post about my son's recent choice: The Hindenburgh Disaster.

    WTF?

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    oh my word....... yeah, I'm thinking the librarian might have had another suggestion.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    funny

    as always love the boy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home