Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mixed emotions

I got an email from my former boss last night stating that he has hired a new bookkeeper that he is "cautiously optimistic" about. The email subject line was blank (No Subject), so when I read it I was a bit taken aback.

I immediately closed it, and went on about my business, which is taking care of his business.

When I finally replied, I wrote "A topic such as this certainly is deserving of a subject line, don't you think?" and I asked him what he wants of me at this point.

I must admit, I don't know how I feel. I mean, I knew it was coming and I certainly didn't want to work two jobs forever, but I feel kind of sad and - expendible.

Odd.

Anyway, in that same email he asked, jokingly, what I will be doing with all my spare time.

Getting reacquainted with my family? Not feeling tired all the time? Not stressing about too much work and not enough hours in the day?

Unfortunately, I think the hard part is about to begin.

Learning to let go, and how to say no.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Learning to let go and how to say no certainly are the hard part... Good luck!!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger carla said…

    ive learned how to do the latter FAR TOO WELL.


    carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home