Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Done

Remember The Boy had the positive TB test last June and had to have the chest x-ray, and then even though it was clear, he had to go through the INH pill therapy?

He finished, just before his six year birthday.

Nine months of taking two pills before bed.

The good news is that he now can take pills by himself.

His birthday bash is tomorrow. We decided to continue the tradition of doing the big turkey, walleye, wing fry here in the big city. I sent out all the invitations a week ago, asking for RSVP so we could plan accordingly. After all, we are feeding the invitees and their families and I wanted to know how many people to expect.

The response hasn't been that great. When I mentioned that at work, I heard from several people that it's just that way here. People aren't in the habit of RSVPing, and then they just show up.

What's up with that?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Dude, I am so with you. We sent out invitations for Little Boy's birthday bash (also tomorrow, btw) and have gotten 2 responses. TWO. Out of 30 invitations. I have no idea how many people to plan for. Shoot me now.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    So frustrating manners have gone out the window...and the folks still expect to be served at your "drop in."

    Happy B'day Kiddo! So glad no more pills!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    yep, people just assume you can read minds or something. I've always had to follow up to find out if people are coming or not!

    Sounds like fun to me though!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home