Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Planning ahead

I've been fretting for some time about what to do with The Boy during the summer. He's not in daycare, and while the after school program is offering a full time daycare service this summer, that means he wouldn't be able to participate in other summer programs.

This is when I wish I was still teaching. Our schedules would coordinate. Sigh.

I enrolled him in a summer swim program for three sessions, giving him six weeks of activity. The same place that offers swimming is also offering a day camp, so we enrolled him in that for one week. He has a hockey camp for one week, and a soccer camp for one week.

I remember thinking that when we were finished paying for daycare we would have all this extra money laying around.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    We are going through the same thing with Little Boy right now. Summer is going to cost us $80.00 a week. I'm not totally sure where that's going to come from!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger carla said…

    huh

    Im now thankful that E is too young for camp and we're hanging all summer.

    thats free! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home