Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Things are going south

at work.

One girl left already and I took on her duties, for an increase in pay, rather than hire someone. It wasn't as much a raise as I wanted, but it was a start.

I've been so busy that the days fly by, which is good.

The company controller is a 29 year old woman who was hired three months before me. The controller before her was indeed a controller - in every sense of the word. A control freak. They got rid of her after nine years, and the office rejoiced.

Things were harmonic for a while. It seems over the last two months, however, that all hell has broken loose. The new controller has become just like the old one, and the employees are all looking for new jobs.

Except for me. She likes me, but I don't like that she is trying to play me. I am too old for this shit. I just want to go to work, do a good job, and be compensated fairly. I don't want any of the games or office politics.

I heard the HR VP is going around to the employees and trying to get to the bottom of things. I plan to give her my two cents if she comes to me.

In the meantime, the girl that quit sent me an email. Her new company is hiring an accountant, asked her if she knew of anyone, and wants me to submit my resume.

I was at the same company for 17 years. Now in the past seven months I've had two different jobs, and am contemplating a third move.

My horoscope for this year said I could expect a big change. What the hell. Didn't I already live that year last year?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Now that really is frustrating. I hate the idea of doubling up on jobs - so unfair, even with a small raise.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Would the new position be as accepting of the fact that you're a mom as this one? Is this one accepting at all? Is it worth it to switch?

    I hope you find peace in your decisions.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Argh! I hate office politics. I am sure that it will all work out for you. It seems that you are a very smart woman! ;-)

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I have very little patience for office politics. If you aren't happy, keep your eyes open and maybe send her that resume. Life is too short to be miserable at work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home