Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sad

Itty Bitty Kitty is gone. He disappeared Saturday evening after The Boy's birthday party.

His story is not unlike that of my sweet Boots, Itty's predecessor.

We had just gotten him fixed. He was only five months old, and still very small for his age. He always stuck around the house and yard. I had wanted him to be an inside cat, but it was just impossible with two dogs that are allowed outside. He was curious and we started letting him out for limited periods of time.

Our neighbors have an old tomcat. They are irresponsible and don't believe in fixing their pets. They let him roam. MFH was asking around and looking for Itty, and found out that he'd been hanging around with their old tom, who was also missing. They weren't concerned - he always comes back home.

Well good for you. But Itty is a baby. He followed along and isn't seasoned enough to take care of himself, or even keep up for that matter.

Old tomcat returned today. Itty didn't.

Maybe there is still a chance that he will come home.

I won't be replacing him. I love cats, and I miss him, but I've decided it's just not meant to be.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Oh, hon, that really sucks. I'll remain hopeful for his return.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    This is way too familiar. So sorry. All my best.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    That is so sad. My sis had two cats disappear, and now the others are not allowed outside. Yes, she has a dog that goes out, but after an adjustment period, the cats got used to remaining inside. And they are safe. I hope that itty comes back. That is too sad. :-(

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I'm so sorry..... I hope he finds his way home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home