Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Passing the time

I am passing the time away from The Boy being preoccupied by thoughts of The Boy.

The wall above this moniter has a row of art work that he's done for me. Although some of it is monochromatic and outside the lines (Don't let your life be defined by lines, little one, I tell him), it is some of the most beautiful art I own.

Next to this moniter is a photo collage of his life to date. I sit and smile at the pictures instead of working. Working would actually be a good way to pass the time, too.

I've managed to only call him once a day, because I don't want my MIL to question whether I question her ability to take care of him. Our conversations mostly consist of him excitedly telling me of his day like this:

"Mom, today we went to the zoo. I have to tell you something mom I want a turtle and a frog and we saw some animals in the water and I thought they were beavers but they weren't - what were they grandma? oh yeah they were otters. and we went to a volleyball game but there was only girls playing. No, i already said that, grandma. You can take my Power Rangers Halloween bag back mom cause I got a different one and it has the red guy and the green guy and the yellow guy on it but not the blue guy...." and on and on and on - for 15 minutes.

All I could think of was the animated face doing all of this talking on the other end of the telephone, and how I miss his little self.

HE'LL BE THERE WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK TODAY!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Do you have film in your camera?

    So, back to the same ole' grind, then. :)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy reunion with The Boy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home