Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Two doors down

The Boy has become friends with R, a boy who lives two doors down from us. I'm glad to see this happen, mostly because I grew up in a neighborhood where there were lots of kids to play with, which we did everyday.

R's mom has been a SAHM since he was born. She once told me that since R is not in daycare, and since she is not a morning person, they stay up until 11:00 or so at night and don't get up until mid morning. R is 3.5 years old.

Since I am not a SAHM, I assume she and her husband would realize that is not the way at our house. They have been over a lot this summer, and always at 8:30 I tell The Boy it's time to get ready for bed.

Last night The Boy asked if R could come over to play. After dinner we walked down to get him and brought him back to our house. It was around 7:00. His mom offered to come and get him in 15 minutes. I said I thought they could play for an hour or so. I have been hoping that since it's getting dark earlier, I could get The Boy into bed earlier.

They didn't leave until 9:45, even after I said it was way past bedtime. Dad came to get him and just didn't leave.

My mom suggested that from now on I need to go get him and then say I will bring him home in an hour. Smart lady, that one. No wonder she survived raising four kids.

Regarding the birthday gift dilemma below? Of course I would not attend without a gift - I was planning to put a small amount of money in a card since I have no real idea what the girl likes. However, we aren't able to attend, and it's legit. Joel is having late hockey practices, most of the time getting home after 7:00, and darn it all - we have to feed the kid.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, the birthdays! They are so frustrating.

    I say no gift is probably okay, especially if you don't go to the party. It appears as though they are not real hawks in the etiquette-watching dept anyway.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure no gift is fine... it's not a wedding after all.

    I hate when people don't get the hint about going home. I've even turned off lights on people before and yet they stayed talking on and on in the darkness. Morons.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home