Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

One Ringy Dingy

I hate talking on the phone.

That hasn't always been the case. I fondly remember getting my own phone with my own number in my bedroom when I was in 9th grade. I was in heaven! I spent countless hours on the phone giggling with girlfriends and whispering with boyfriends. Isn't that the stuff that teenage girls are made of?

Now? Not so much. I make the obligatory calls to my mom a few times a week and occasionally to my brother, but that's it.

Today the frickin' phone is ringing off the hook at work. It is not my job to answer the phone. I don't mean to sound all high and mighty, but seriously - it is not part of my job description. We have an administrative assistant and three sales people currently on staff. Yet, I am stuck answering the phone.

I want to pull the damn jack out of the wall and throw it in the street.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im the same way now as well...even before the gemmie ruled my world ;)

    thank goodness for called id

    and THANK GOODNESS they didnt have it when I was youngandboycallingandslammingdownthereceiver.

    Carla

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I ditto Carla about the thank goodness for caller ID on both counts!!

    I H A T E answering the phone. Despise it. Especially if it's MIL.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger [] said…

    Yeah, I hate the phone. I rely heavily on body cues for my conversations and phone just don't do it for me. I end up sounding insincere and uncomfortable even with good friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home