Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Bed Bugs

Once again MFH is on a long fishing weekend.

Once again The Boy is sleeping on daddy's side of the bed.

At 1:05 a.m. I awaken to a tap tap on my shoulder.

"Mommy, I had a nightmare about ladybugs."

"Really? What happened?"

"There was really big daddy ladybugs and mommy ladybugs on a paper plate."

"What were the ladybugs doing on a paper plate?"

"Sleeping."

"And that's exactly what you should be doing, little one. Goodnight."

I discovered that he whispers in his sleep. And every night he takes a water bottle of ice water to bed with him, which he drinks from throughout the night. Obviously I did not get a full night's sleep.

I feel like we're making progress, though. He didn't lay next to me and stare at me while I was trying to sleep.

That's just creepy.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :( I never thought ladybugs could be creepy, but mamb has me convinced.

    The whole staring at one while trying to sleep though -- it's so creepy you made me laugh out loud.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger [] said…

    I grew up surrounded by pine trees. If you've ever seen ladybug mating season, you'd be scared of them - millions of them, clustered on the branches of the pines everywhere.

    And then when I was eight, I found out they can carry lyme disease. I ran inside every time I saw a ladybug

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the ladybug story and yes, kids or anyone watching you while you sleep is creepy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home