Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Living Arrangements

Moving is stressful and we haven't even decided to do it yet.

The housing market has flatlined here. Houses around us that would have sold in a heartbeat a year ago have been on the market all summer. The prices are still high, but no more so than they have always been. I think perhaps the market is saturated.

*edited to add - I just noticed that I used the words flatline and heartbeat in that paragraph, and I find that quite amusing. Heh.

We are facing the possiblity that if we choose to move, our home would be on the market for a while. That would mean that we would not be able to buy in Big City right away. Two mortgages = not possible.

My in-laws own an apartment complex 30 miles from Big City where we would have to go to work. They always seem to have an empty apartment, and while they are small, it would do until our house sold. There is the expense of gas back and forth, but I don't think I'd work until we actually lived in the city, so only one of us would be commuting.

My mother lives in a house in Big City that is about the same size as our house. She only has one bathroom. Can you imagine? We had six people in that house when I was growing up. How on earth did we survive! Naturally she offered that we could stay with her. How generous! But? I can't live in a house with one bathroom, and I can't live with my mother. Or maybe it's the other way around. In any case, I love her but I have been on my own for 26 years. A hive can only have one queen bee.

Maybe you can't go home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home