Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Can You Go Home Again?

I was born and raised in Big City. I left 16 years ago, newly divorced. Every time I returned, it felt like there was a black cloud hanging over the city. I hated going back.

My mom and one brother still live there.

MFH's parents are a mere 30 miles away.

We went back this weekend, as we always do in August, to attend the State Fair. The look of pure joy on The Boy's face as he rides the rides and plays the carnival games is worth walking for hours in the hot afternoon sun.

On Sunday we did a little exploring. We can get a house that's newer and twice as big as the one we have now, on two to five acres, for about the same price our small home on 1.5 city lots would bring on the market here in smaller popular town.

MFH is very schooled in automotive repair, but the kind of good job he needs doesn't get advertised in the paper. I am also quite schooled in a specialized software that would probably insure me a job through word of mouth.

Things are not quite yet falling into place. I am not yet entirely sold on moving.

But, I am getting kind of excited.

And, when we went back to Big City this weekend?

I noticed that the black cloud had lifted.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Tell me it's closer to here!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger [] said…

    One thing at a time, right? Glad things are clearing up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home