Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Take a Hike!

We had our annual company picnic yesterday at a lake resort. Normally my boss, who is somewhat of a physical fitness sadist, combines the picnic with a hike. I don't hike. That's too much like work. There is nothing enjoyable about that on a weekend that is only two days long to begin with. Usually we don't attend. Since it was at a lake with nothing physical required, we decided to go.

It was a beautiful day! The temperature was just right for being out in the sun all day. The kids played in the water all afternoon, and we had boats for skiing or wakeboarding. The menu was BBQ pork ribs, which were delish.

The wasps are thick this year. THICK! I hate critters that sting. I run. I know, I know - they just follow me. Anyway, I am very careful to cover my drink because I once had a friend get stung by a bee that had crawled into his open soda can.

One of our employees had that happen yesterday. He got stung right inside his top lip. He came in to work this morning and he looks just like that kid from Mad Magazine. Seriously, his top lip was HUGE. Of course we sent him home and hopefully he'll go to a doctor for help.

Would you have even come in to work? Me neither! Thankfully, we were all able to contain our laughter until he had left the building. I know it's not funny. I'm sorry. But, man, it was HUGE!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger DD said…

    But, hey! think of how much cheaper it is to actually get the "bee-stung lips" by actually getting them stung by a bee instead of collagen?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home