Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Pain Therapy

Say it with diamonds
Say it with mink
But never, ever say it with ink.
(I saw this on a tshirt on a guy in Vegas. Bad experience, perhaps? For the record, our friendly neighborhood tattoo artist would never ink the name of your significant other on your body, for obvious reasons.)

I had an appointment for some pain therapy Tuesday night. Both MFH and I have wanted to do something in ink dedicated to The Boy becoming our son for a long time. For the past few months I've been working on a design, and had the artist work his name into the picture. I then had it tattooed on my lower back.

It's exactly what I wanted.

I have taken a picture of it and fully intended to post it here, but now I am hedging. I'm not sure I want to publish his name. Is that weird?

Anyway, LOOK! I got a picture to upload into my profile. Over there! On the right! At the top! For you, DD, one of my luscious shoes. And, appropriately, my nickname tattooed on my ankle.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Yeah! It's absolutely perfect. Do you have it set up so when you post, it adds your pix?

    I really want to see your new tattoo, but I know what you mean about the privacy. You can always send it to me via my email, but I know that may not do it for the rest of the readers.

    I've been thinking about doing something myself, even though Mr. DD *hates* the idea. I just can't think of what I want.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Nice shoes!!!! I love heels, but not quite so high. I would fall and look silly doing it. Beautiful...

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it! Do you actually WEAR those shoes though? I would break my neck.

    And I have a tattoo on my ankle in that same script.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home