Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Roughing It

Every year on a weekend sometime around my birthday, we get together with some friends and go camping and boating. I have fond memories of camping as a family when I was a kid, and I am hoping to give that to my son as well.

We got up to the lake and found the spot where our friends had set up camp. We had a few additional campers this year, but the more the merrier, right?

WRONG.

We go camping to get away from the hustle and bustle. We can relax in the quiet of the outdoors, paying no attention to schedule or time. The kids get to play, the adults get to play - good times to be had by all.

Except this year the newbies surrounded us with their big campers. Seriously, I've seen mobile homes smaller than these campers. They brought all the comforts of home, and that's okay. Some people need that I suppose. Except they also brought along these noisy generators to operate all the comforts of home - like their air conditioners. And these noisy generators ran ALL DAMN DAY.

Finally at nightfall we asked if perhaps they could shut the generators off so The Boy would be able to sleep.

"No problem," said owner of big trailer. "Just as soon as the girls are done watching TV."

Stay home, people.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger rdhdprincess said…

    Heh. That is why I stay home. I'm a bad camper. Or at least I think I would be if I tried it. Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm a little late here just catching up. The earrings are beautiful and you two are adorable. I so enjoyed the adoption entries! It is all definitely worth it. Oh, and I despise people who zoom right up to the front when the lane has been closing for miles. Hate it.
    Love you though! Happy Birthday!
    Carrie

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yuck, in my opinion that is not camping.

    We are taking Gabe camping for the first time over Memorial weekend. We love to camp. We pop tent it at a place that doesn't even have flush toilets. Now that's camping.

    Hope you had fun anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home