Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's My Party....



and this is what MFH got me for my birthday. Ain't they purty? As I get older I am really starting to appreciate the bling.

The Boy and I go for a bike ride every evening. I do not wear a bike helmet, because I am a rebel that way. He has always been quite concerned about that. Guess what he got me for a gift? Yes, indeed, a bike helmet. Red, because that is my favorite color. He was oh so proud to give it to me, and of course, I will wear it with pride.

The guys took me out for dinner to Applebee's. The Boy will only order chicken fingers and fries when we go out to dinner, so we are limited somewhat to where we can eat. I got this great big glass of Sangria, so it was all good. He actually suggested his favorite place, Burger King, but I talked him out of it.

The only thing dad forgot was a cake. The Boy was VERY distraught over that. We are not big cake eaters at our house, so it was fine with me. But, now that we have a child, that pomp and circumstance is important. I told him he could pick out a cake for me this weekend.

The Boy - "Mom, will it still be your birthday this weekend?"
Me - "No, honey, but we can still have a cake and we'll pretend."
The Boy - "I want you to have a ballerina cake, mom!" His eyes lit up at the thought.

MFH - "Of all the things we could put on a cake for mom, a ballerina is about the most inappropriate."

WTF?



I edited to add this picture because blogger was being such a pain in the ass today.

Here we are wearing our silly party hats. It was a great birthday!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said…

    Beautiful earrings, beautiful picture of you two!!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Do you think you can find a ballerina on a Harley? Now THAT would be perfect!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!!

    You have a beautiful kid, and I love your dog's smile.

    47 must be the new 29. You look amazing.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Enjoy that Ballerina Cake! Enjoy the Boy! Congratulations!

    Debbie from South Georgia
    (Long time lurker first time poster)

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, he is one handsome boy! Happy belated birthday. The earring are beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home