Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Better Late Than Never?

I am a planner. I am not a spur of the moment kind of gal.

On Saturday afternoon I received an invitation in the mail for a bridal shower. For tonight. We've known about the wedding that takes place on August 19 since sometime in mid-March. Sure, there were apologies and all, but still. We are having carpet laid tomorrow instead of next week like we had planned, and tonight all the stuff needs to be moved out of the living room and hallway to accomodate the guy. Who, by the way, has VERY nice arms. Big. Muscles. I may have a hard time tearing myself away. Ahem. Anyway, the bride-to-be was so supportive during the wait for The Boy (she was the bartender at the place we went to kill the pain of waiting), that I have to attend. But I hate this kind of stuff during the week. Doesn't anyone else have laundry to do? Meals to cook? Flowers to water? etc., etc., etc.?

Late last night I checked our email at home. There in the incoming mail sat an invitation to a hockey booster picnic. Saturday at 1:00. We are supposed to bring dessert. Tomorrow night we have an alumni hockey game/fundraiser for the new rink the club is building. We've known about this alumni fundraiser since mid-June and they plan a picnic at the last minute? And I have to bake a dessert?

Guess what I'll be doing Saturday morning, bright and early, while the hockey player and MFH are moving all the stuff back into place in the living room and hallway?

Yep. Shopping at Costco for a dessert to take to the picnic.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Store made desserts: the price of popularity!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trader Joe's has awesome New York style cheese cake that I take to a lot of last minute events.

    What's up with people waiting to the last minute to invite you to things anyway. That's kind of rude.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home