Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And So It Begins

I registered The Boy in the hockey program last night.

When he was about 18 months old, we attended a hockey game. He was enthralled. He watched it intently - and I know you are all thinking, just how intently can an 18 month old watch anything? You'd be surprised. He was speaking very well by then, and he loved it. We went to a few more games in the next months, and he was hooked.

It took me almost six months to find a skating coach for him. There were public programs available, but he was too young. The only person to call me back was a female figure skating coach. She said she wanted a session with him to evaluate how well he could listen and communicate. After that 20 minute session, we had weekly lessons on the ice for a year. But, he wasn't old enough to play.

So, we practiced. And practiced. And practiced. In the kitchen. On the patio. On the frozen ice pond by our house when weather permitted. We house a teenaged hockey player during the season, and we attend every game. His interest has never waned.

Finally, he's old enough to play. He is SO excited.

My little boy is growing up. Fast.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger DD said…

    That kid is one talented little athlete. How proud you must be!

    I want to see pictures of him all suited up. I bet he looks like a little Sumo wrestler in his pads.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home