Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Fabulous Husband

is 39 years old today.

Happy Birthday, Hon!

I was planning to give you 39 reasons why I love my husband, but I am supposed to be working. Let me just suffice it to say that he is the most wonderful husband, who after 17 years with me still makes me feel like I am the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. He spoils me with expensive lingerie and funky hosiery. He encourages me to buy more shoes even though I could not possibly wear out the ones I already own. I could not shop for clothes without him - he has exquisite taste, and he never looks at pricetags. He tries to think of ways that I could stay at home with The Boy instead of being a working mom. He insists that I have the newer car. He listens well. He doesn't overreact. He is kind, probably the kindest person I know. He is loyal. He is my best friend. He is stern. He is fair. He is a good daddy. He always puts his family first.

For these reasons, and so many more, I love you.

When I met MFH, he was in Small Town and I was in Big City. I was a teacher then. As our relationship developed, it was obvious that one of us would move. I was divorced and have mentioned the black cloud that hung over Big City as a result. It made the most sense for me to change venues. Leaving teaching was hard, and is my only regret. I did teach for one year here in Small Town, in the high school Resource Room, but high school was just not my cup of tea. My training is elementary ed with a special ed minor, and I taught the third grade for 7 years. I miss the kids. I miss everything about it. No, the pay wasn't good but I wasn't in it for the money. I have also mentioned that I live in a college town, where people with teaching degrees are a dime a dozen. That is why I don't teach anymore.

So now I am in accounting. I have a strong accounting background, having done this as I went to college and always part time since then for my dad until he sold his business. I make twice as much money as I did teaching, and I am not happy. I am not miserable, but I am not happy. I need health insurance for my family, and I have it here.

If we move I probably would not go back into teaching because it's a tough field to break in to and I've been out of it for a long time. But maybe I could substitute, and I have considered preschool, too. I miss making a difference.

For now, and maybe for always, it will have to be enough to make a difference in the life of one child - my own.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooooh thanks!
    that was the recap I needed ;)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY.

    Carla

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Happy Birthday, MFH! That lovely lady who is your wife? She's pretty crazy about you and the best birthday present you can get year after year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home