Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Gym-iny Crickets!

We have a corporate membership at the state-of-the-art gym down the street. The company pays half our monthly dues. Why everyone at work isn't a member is beyond me.

I love to work out, and was pretty faithful about it until The Boy came home. I know it's the right thing to do for me in the long run, and ultimately The Boy will benefit from it as well, but I had a hard time justifying spending time away from him since he is in daycare. The gym is in Popular Town, where I work. I live 15 miles away in Small Town. I will not go home and make dinner, spend time with the boy, and drive back in. I won't go in the morning or at lunch because I have to shower after. I have waist length hair - it would just be too much to do that before work or at lunch.

My boss lets me leave early twice a week to go to the gym. My body is changing and so is my metabolism, and I feel that I now need more than that.

To the point - I am going to purchase home gym equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be the most bang for my buck? I realize it would be hard to get cardio and strength training, so I will probably keep my gym membership to get a complete workout benefit.

Oh - I don't particularly like running (HATE.IT.), so I think a treadmill would be a bad investment. I will take any other recommendations under consideration.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Workout? You mean like EXCERCISE?

    Just thinking about it makes my gluts burn.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me?
    I say recumbent bike.

    then grab magazines, blackberry, tive and youre set.

    it takes all of those to keep my ass in the seat for 30 minutes ;)

    Carla

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey mamb

    I ALWAYS SAY THAT when people ask if I run...if chased I mean.

    I DO NOT have that mentality.

    chris cracks up that I need all the distractions and still am ornery during 29 minutes and 59 seconds of my workout.

    Im a lifter...hate cardio.

    email me ANY ??'s if youd like..I owned a personal training studio in my first life/career
    Carla

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Elliptical trainer is my favorite piece of gym equipment, you can get a pretty good workout on it. In the bike genre, a spinning bike is a great choice too.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    I would like to second the elliptical machine. For me I burn more calories there than anywhere else.

    Have you thought of excercise videos? The Firm has a great workout that includes weights so you burn more while you workout.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home