Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Long Weekend

I am taking tomorrow off to make up for working our huge promo last Saturday. I am salaried and I refuse to just give them my weekend days for free, especially now that I have a family.

Today's post is randomness.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow night and Saturday. The best thing about the beginning of snow season here? The end of road construction and fire season, both of which I am so tired. We'll still have some beautiful fall weather - I like to call it Indian Summer - but I'm sure that is so NOT PC.

My FIL had surgery Tuesday to replace his heart defibraltor. He is only 60 but has had this thing for years, since he had dental work done without medicating first, and a bacteria attacked his heart. All went well and we're going to see him Saturday.

Today is The Boy's last day at his preschool. He will have mommy and grandmas time before starting a new preschool on October 2. The new one is owned and operated by teachers we know, and we are excited to make this change. (Don't get me started on the whole "preschool" and "teacher" issue.)

New and exciting on the exercise equipment question from last week is my purchase of an elliptical trainer. I have literally worn out every piece of equipment that I've ever had, so I got a good one. I look forward to a long, happy relationship with this one. I'll still go to the gym twice a week to lift.

My last little tidbit is a conversation the took place between my boss and myself yesterday afternoon.

Him - Is this your carpet sample?

Me - No. I recently got new carpet, but that's not mine.

Him - Really? I just got new carpet, too.

Me - Isn't your house like a year old? Didn't you have carpet put in when it was built?

Him - Yes, but I had a heavy berber and girlfriend-who-recently-moved-in likes to lay on the floor and it was too rough for her, so we had it replaced.

Ain't he sweet?

MFH wondered if she was getting rug burns.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger DD said…

    Ewwww. Mental pictures of boss shagging girlfriend on the rug. Doesn't he realize by making it more "comfortable" they still may have to replace it sooner rather than later b/c of all the "use"?

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want carpets. I wouldn't dare shag on my carpets. They are disgusting. If we ever buy a house again the first thing I'll do is replace floors -- before even moving in. I hate living on someone else's stains.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home