Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Lonely

When we went on our preschool hiatus, we scheduled my mom to be here for a week and my MIL to be here for a week. Doctor appointments interfered, so we had a change of plans. Yesterday we met my in-laws half way and they took The Boy home with them until Wednesday, at which time my MIL will bring him home and stay until Friday.

The Boy was so excited to go overnight to grandma's house. He packed his Power Ranger suitcase and backpack and waited eagerly to go. I took my camera because I wanted that oh-so-precious shot of him pulling his suitcase to grandma's car.

Only that isn't how it happened.

He thought we were taking him all the way to grandma's house. We met for an early dinner and to make the transfer of the child. This one little misunderstanding caused a major meltdown, resulting in tears from both The Boy and mommy, and daddy making the transfer of his suitcase while he clung tightly to my neck.

He's okay now, and so am I.

But it's terribly quiet at our house, and reminiscent of our childless days.

I miss him.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger DD said…

    You just have that camera ready for when you see him. I'm sure he's missing you oodles right now, too.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger rdhdprincess said…

    Awww. Poor thing! I know how you feel. I feel like I haven't held Bella in my arms in days and it's only been a few hours. Such a blessing, these kids are!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ugh Stiletto this post made my stomach clench... not the stuff about the tears and trauma, but the last two lines.

    :(

    Listen to DD. She's a smart cookie.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope the time passes quickly!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I already cant imagine our house without The Gemmie and it has only been a WEEK.

    powerful writing.

    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home