Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A New Low

I shouldn't even be telling you this.

It's privacy, as The Boy would say.

Before I became a mom, and even now that I am a mom, I hear stories of women that think they will never again get to go to the bathroom alone. It is true that I find The Boy tagging along frequently, but more and more, as he gets older, I am able to sneak in alone. I never wanted to lock the door on him, mostly because I don't want him to know it locks. He will knock and I say, "I need privacy, please." I don't mind as much if he observes "potty" but I never wanted him to observe "poop". "Poop" is definitely privacy.

Last Friday at W@lm@rt we had to do it. I couldn't leave him out there alone! Someone could snatch him. He could run off. My mind runs rampant with all the things that could happen. I asked him if he had to go and he did, so he went "potty" first. Then he sat in the chair in the corner and chatted with me as if it were the most natural thing in the world to poop in pairs. And, since I've sat with him so many times over the last 3.5 years, in his mind there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't think he's scarred for life, but I just might be.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger DD said…

    He shouldn't be scarred from seeing you poop, but to see you poop at Wally World?! Oh, the horror!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't even let Ben see me poop, I agree "Its Privacy". With Gabe, I don't really have a choice.

    Speaking of, today I was at my Dr.'s (not Gabes) and I had to go so bad. Unfortunately, the bathroom is right across from the nurses station where there were 7 nurses and my Dr. While I'm in there Gabe is screaming at the top of his lungs, "MAMA POTTY" "MAMA PEEEPEEEEEEE". I could hear them laughing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home