Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Soft Touch

The Boy is all boy....most of the time. He's very much into hockey and all that is physical with that sport. He is athletic. He races around the yard in his monster truck, hitting and running over anything and everything that is in his way, including the poor old labrador. And me. He's all about bugs and worms. He stages battles with Darth Vader and his clonetroopers versus the Power Rangers. We've had enough lightsaber fights to last me a lifetime.

The boy is also in touch with his feminine side. If I leave a pair of shoes laying around, he's wearing them. At his Star Wars birthday party on Saturday, the pinata held some star wars character rings so we also included some princess rings for the girls that opened up to have lip gloss in them. He wanted one so I gave him one before the party. He has stuffed animal babies that he occasionally feeds but most of the time they just hang out in the baby doll crib left over from my childhood.

I figure all of these things are normal. Little boys need to learn to nurture just like little girls. They need to be sensitive as well as rough and tumble. From being around daycare for three years I know that little boys enjoy playing dress up as much as little girls. Even though MFH doesn't say anything, I think these things bother him just a little.

On Easter MFH took the boy to an egg hunt at a friend's house. After an hour or so, the boy was insisting it was time to come home to which MFH lifted the boy's shirt up and said, "When did you grow boobs?"

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger DD said…

    He did NOT?! It's too bad you can't ever turn that around on him somehow.

    X clomps around in my shoes as well. I have a pair of red, patent leather mary janes that he pulls out of the closet everytime. It's quite comical really to see him wearing them and pretending his monster truck is crushing a line of cars.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home