Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Express Yourself

When you're driving down main street and you see a girl walking on the sidewalk with pink and blue hair, it's hard not to notice. Hell, it's hard not to stare, but that causes accidents and I'm nothing if not a conscientious driver.

(MFH wondered aloud last night where I might have lost the fog lamp from the right side of my Yukon. Huh?)

Anyway, pink and blue hair girl was with pasty white face black black hair goth girl. They were trudging along like boys.

I am all for expressing your individuality.

I just hope that if I ever get to parent a girl child, it's en vogue to try to be attractive.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    I remember wearing extremely thick black eyeliner in high school. I've since put away all the pictures of that time in my life. I think it's just a phase, and if not, all that matters is that she feels attractive and confident.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger DD said…

    It's hard enough now hoping my son will grow out of being a clutz, much less thinking about if he will perpetuate the Charlie Brown look with that big head of his.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    uh oh... 15 years ago I was goth lite chick. Meaning I wore black tights and doc martins and knew all the lyrics to all The Cure songs. But heck, I was Mormon girl in Utah from Oklahoma City. I was done confused! Ah college.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home