Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Everybody's doing it!

With pop culture, pregnancy becomes 'hip'

This is an article on the front page of today's small town newspaper. Really it is about a photographer who built a business taking pictures of pregnant women to 'artistically capture her blossoming belly in all it's glory'. I think it's a lovely idea.

Remember Demi Moore on the cover of Vanity Fair? Her pregnant, nude body made a fantastic layout. It was a very ballsy move back then.

This article wouldn't be front page news if it didn't mention that this 'reinvention of the act of reproduction' is fueled by our interest in the lives of the celebrities that are having babies right now.

What an insult.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    I wish pregnancy would have been "hip" a decade ago, I tell you what. The clothes are WAY cuter now! No, really. So, SO cute! The jeans! Have you seen the jeans?! I didn't get jeans. Not cute one's anyway. Dude, I'd get pregnant again just to wear the clothes, and that is God's honest truth.

    Okay, that was a lie. No babies going on here. No, sir. But still... it is so incredibly unfair.

    ;)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger rdhdprincess said…

    Bella adores Dora, too. Although a five foot tall one might scare me to death. Heh. Your birthday entry was beautiful!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    I think a photograher would have laughed if you wanted to document pregnancy photo journalist style. I was never much of a belly picture taker because I was afraid I'd have more of those than actual baby pictures and by the the amount of baby pictures I have it was a stupid worry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home