Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Plumbing

My body is changing.

My periods are closer together than they used to be. And worse than they used to be. The last few months I have been bleeding like a stuck pig. Nice analogy, huh? I told MFH husband last night, "I had practically a whole box of tampons and light days pads in the closet, so I didn't buy more. I need more." He offered to go to the store for me because he is just so fabulous. But I didn't have him go.

And the cramps. Holy shit. This week I have had cramps everyday - not just the first one or two days like it used to be. Five days. Monday through Friday. Yep. That's five.

I am cranky, too. I've never been one to blame my bitchiness on PMS, but I am starting to see a connection. I feel sorry for my family because even I can't stand me right now.

Here's the thing. I've been having my period for 35 years. That's a long ass time. I am tired of it. I can't get pregnant. Can we just remove the plumbing? I no longer need it.

Nature is so cruel.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger DD said…

    I have a comment for this but I'm not quite sure how'd you take it, so instead I will comment on your weather pixi. What a hoochie!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    Oh, bring it on. I can take it!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    My mom started having the same issues at your age...I would say that you should have it checked. She had issues with polyps and eventually had a hysterectomy. I'm not saying that there is anything to worry about, but it never hurts to make sure, ya know?
    As far as the bitchiness...it's okay. Your man sounds very understanding. It seems that the world can put up with it for a long minute. Plus, it's training for the boy ;-) Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home