Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Road Rage

I live in what could be considered a resort area. There is one ski hill about 20 minutes away and another ski resort about 45 minutes away. It is also a university town. We have been voted one of the most beautiful cities in America, and the fastest growing city in Montana. I have been here 16 years. In that time the population has probably doubled.

So has the traffic. See, this town was not designed to be inhabited by so many people. There were only four major routes to get around the town until a few years ago when they added one more. Because of the influx of people and because we have nine months of winter and three months of really bad skiing, the roads are under construction or repair for most of the spring and summer, and up until the first snowfall. Right now two of the major routes are under repair.

Monday night it took me 30 minutes to go approximately one mile. Okay, maybe two. I try. I really do. But then I think of all the things I could be doing other than sitting in traffic. And I think of the gas I am using as I wait. Expensive gas. And it makes me even more angry.

Patience is a virtue. Does anybody have any to spare????

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Patience?! You've got to be kidding.

    It might be time to break out the bicycle with the little pull behind cart for The Boy. Then you can just pedal past all those bozos sitting in their a/c'd and cushy cars.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home