Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Puck Ho'

I've mentioned how The Boy loves hockey. I've mentioned how we have a 20 year old hockey player living with us. This is the first year we've been "billet" parents. Hockey player's parents pay us a small stipend to feed him and have him live here for the season. He has really become part of our family.

In turn, we hope The Boy grows up with a positive role model. Someone who's focused on a goal and walks the straight and narrow. All of these young men are talented hockey players. They are playing in this league hoping to be noticed so they can go on to play college hockey on a scholarship. They can't play in the league after they are 21 years old. Some even leave home while they are still in high school, as early as 15 years old. Yikes! (Yes, I am prepared to rent an apartment wherever.)

I guess I wasn't prepared for the girls. They are groupies. I fondly call them "Puck Ho's". Most of them are young. High school age or early college. They just coincidentally show up wherever the players happen to congregate. And, of course, they come to every game.

Enter "Melinda". Melinda is no young groupie. Melinda is in her late 20's. She stalks these boys. You might say she is the "Queen Puck Ho'". I don't get it. Yeah, these guys are hotties. But they are boys. Boys. Even more puzzling? Melinda is no slacker. She has it going on.

On the outside I can see why she'd go there. I just wonder what's going on inside. These are typical boys. They kiss and tell. She must know that. How sad.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger DD said…

    How much you wanna' bet, she's married to some pruny old man w/money.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Kim Strahan said…

    This reminds me of Bull Durham, without perhaps the bath tub scene.

    PS i love the phrase puck ho. tis brilliant!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home