Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Might as well face it, I'm addicted to.......

chewing tobacco.

I LOVE chewing tobacco. Yep, I was born and raised in Montana. I don't typically carry it in my back pocket like all the cowboys do, unless of course I am not carrying a purse or wearing a coat with pockets.

No, I don't spit. I never really perfected the whole act of spitting without looking like I was drooling down my chin. I "gut it" - the hockey team's term for swallowing. The boys were very impressed that I was not a spitter.

It was the one thing I promised to give up before The Boy came home to me. And I did, for two years. Oh, I cheated now and then. But one day I started again. I think here is where I should point out that I do not have an addictive personality. I smoked and gave it up easily. Of course cigarette smoke is just nasty, so that wasn't a hard one to eliminate. I never used illegal drugs of any kind. Never snorted the old nose spray. No antidepressants or sleeping pills here. Nothing. Just a little pinch between my cheek and gums.

I gave it up again a while back, and man I miss it. I am determined to quit for good this time for two reasons. The Boy, and I am rather fond of my lips. I've heard they can reconstruct new ones from the nether regions. But ewww, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home