Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Migrating

For the last few months I've been working with our software parent company to do a software migration. Same software, basically, new look. The software is my baby and it's just a lot of work to do these upgrades - oops! The sensitive people at parent company keep reminding me it's a migration. Bigger than an upgrade. Whatever. Plus, we are moving to a realtime VPN and adding a third store to the network that has done all of their transactions in longhand for forever. Big changes in store here!

Pet peeve - my boss. Not all the time, but today? Right off the bat. Parent company is coming from big town Montana, 150 miles away. They probably don't open until 9, get shit together, hit the road. Boss at 9:30, entering office and looking around -"How's the migration going?" Up yours, bossman. "Well, as you can see, it's 9:30. Said parent company called and they'll be hitting the road soon. We'll start at a reasonable hour, after lunch say. Mmmkay?" He has NO COMMON SENSE.

Pet peeve - my boss, again. He needs estrogen. Lots of it. The man also needs a fashion advisor. He wears long sleeves and cords ALL the time. And he complains that it's hot in here, so we use AC ALL the time. How stupid is that? If you know that you are warm blooded, dress accordingly. Don't make the rest of us suffer in sub zero temperatures when, for the first time in months, we could actually wear something other than a sweater. Dumb ass.

What's that? Why don't I get a new job? Because they pay me too much. I can't leave. Oh, and we have health insurance so I can insure MFH and The Boy. That's a big deal up here in the land of Line Your Own Pockets and Pay The Least You Can In Wages And Bitch About The Kind Of Help You Get For Said Lousy Pay, Plus Offer No Benefits.

Wish me luck this week. If the migration goes south (Heh - get it?), it could take all week. It would make for a veeerrryyy long week.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger DD said…

    Migration, huh?

    All I know is when they do that stuff around here, it's chaos for weeks.

    Maybe you can say something about how boss man's arm must be really buff and he should show them off. No? Sorry, that's all I got.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Well-heeled mom said…

    Skinny man = skinny arms. Nice try, though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home