Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, August 15, 2008

I hate working this summer

I am missing out on so much.

Yesterday was The Boy's last swimming lesson for the summer. They have an evaluation on the last day of each session, so I go and see his progress and evaluate the teachers.

He can swim!

Really swim!

The "put your face in the water, use rhythmic breathing, and front arm crawl all the way across the pool" swim.

I was so proud.

And I missed watching it happen.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Ohhhh, congrats to your swimmer! You might have the next Michael Phelps on your hands! :)

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't it tragic when we miss a moment? I missed seeing Zoey sit up on her own, and have been waiting for that moment all summer... and I'm HOME with her ALL DAY LONG.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Awww!! That's awesome that he can swim! There are so many firsts in his life. Unfortunately, as parents, we are bound to miss one. Don't worry, you'll be around for many more, just like you have been around for all the others. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home