Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Name Game

Here are my new babies.

I take naming pets very seriously. I try to get to know them first and take their personality or physical attributes into account.

After naming four pets in the past 12 months, apparently the well has run dry because I had a really hard time with these two.

The black and white is Stinky Boy - partly because they called him Skunky and partly because he has stinky gas and poops. I'm hoping that is due at least in part to the stress of a new family, and a new type of kitten food.

The gray is GiGi or GG for Gray Girl. Pretty imaginative, huh? I have to credit MFH with that one. I don't particularly love it - I don't hate it either - but since we've been together, I have come up with names for all of our pets. I was coming up empty on her, and had taken to calling her Gray Girl.

The two cats are getting along famously. GiGi is tolerating the dogs better, as well. She is not only brave enough to walk among them on the floor, but she also drinks out of their water dish. While they are in the room, hovering over her.

The girl rules the roosters.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Alleen said…

    sweet, sweet, sweet!!!

    I love the names! And I think Gigi is adorable.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    What cute kittens!!!! The names are cute. I would have gone with ying and yang. ;-)

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GiGi is one of the loveliest kittens I have ever seen -- and the stinker looks like TROUBLE.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger carla said…

    SO CUTE.

    who knew I was a cat person?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home