Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, July 25, 2008

She drives a Mercedes-Benz........

We have settled on my wrecked car. They called me on Monday to tell me what the payout would be and ask where they could pick up the totaled car. I thought it was a low price, and also low of them to call me instead of MFH.

MFH called them back and told them not to send out the check until they found a few more cars, or not, that compared to the one I lost in the accident and came up with a more fair settlement. And, until such time that we could agree, we would hold on to the car. He also found out the name of the insurance commissioner, and this guy's supervisor, just in case.

The next morning they called back with a fair price. More even than we were expecting. We released the car this morning, after getting the bulk of the money in the mail yesterday.

It makes you wonder how many people get screwed because they just don't know.

And, I have whiplash.

I am pissed about it because that is just so cliche.

Let me just say that I am no wimp about pain. I have a very high tolerance, but this effing hurts. I am on muscle relaxants and pain relievers, which do little good. It's okay for about an hour and then wham! If it's not better by Thursday I am supposed to return to the doctor, but for what? I don't know what more they can do about this but give it time. However, I will go, and I will not sign any release until I feel better.

I feel bad for the lady who hit me. It was her first accident and it was a doozy. I am worried that her insurance company will drop her after this.

Then again, maybe they should.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Hope you find something great to replace your car...so sad.

    And sorry about the whiplash. That sucks. My sister had it after an accident years ago. I think she went to a chiropractor for 6 months before she felt completely better. Hope yours is quicker.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    Good for you guys for making them pay up. Sorry about the whiplash. I had it and it does suck and took a long time to heal. I was a lot younger then and it still took a long time. Hope you heal up quickly.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Right before we got married, I was in a car accident that totaled my minivan. I was so angry. I went to the chiropractor for about six months, and it helped. However, my back still bothers me from time to time. I think I settled too soon for too little. Make sure that you take care of yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home