Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Friday, July 11, 2008

When a good day goes bad

you drink wine.

I left work early today.

A few years ago, I taught my son the concept of playing hooky.

He's in swimming lessons this summer, and once a week I go watch. He always wants me to play hooky for the remainder of the day. As it happens, this session his lessons are at 2:00 in the afternoon. Today I got permission to have the rest of the day off and surprised him at the pool.

We were off to enjoy the rest of our day.

A lady zoomed across a busy street in front of me and we collided.

Hard.

We both spun around and collided again.

The Boy's seatbelt broke. BROKE. But it did it's job and restrained him, and he is fine.

My seatbelt did it's job, too. I am very, very sore in the upper back, but I am alive.

My Mercedes is totaled.

Damn.

I wish I had stayed at work.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    Oh man thank goodness you are okay and the boy is okay. I can't believe the seat belt broke. I hope he isn't too sore tomorrow.

    Thank goodness you drive a safe car, sounds like it could have been a really bad accident!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How traumatic. How blessed that it wasn't worse. So sorry about losing the Mercedes. I had a Saab once that I loved as if it could love me back.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Oh man.... Sorry about your crappy day. Thank God you are both ok!!!

    Bummer about your sweet ride. Too bad it had to be a nice classic car like that one!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    So glad you are okay. What a scary thing!

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Cricket said…

    Totaled!? So glad you two are safe.

    I bet your kid won't allow hooky playing any time again!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger carla said…

    **hugs**

    and I never ever do to TO ME silly cyber hugs thing.

    C.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger DD said…

    I know you are bummed about your car, but I'm so glad to hear both of you are relatively OK aside from probably being sore for the next couple of days.

    And for that car to be totaled? Yep, you really took a hit. Yikes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home