Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dense

MFH's words; not mine.

My MIL called to say she would be in town tomorrow, and asked if she could spend the day with The Boy.

I reminded him - not without addressing the incident. We didn't call her to discuss it, because I figured it would be best to do so when it would hit home the hardest - when she wanted to spend time with him.

So he did.

He told her that she is not to discuss anything regarding the adoption story with our son.

"Oh!' she exclaimed. "I didn't realize that he didn't know."

That he is six years old and extremely bright, yet he didn't know his given name, didn't register with her?

Give me a break.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    So sorry. I read Dense as Denise, then you started talking about given names and I wondered in horror if his given name was Denise.

    Dense, but at least I admit it ---->

    (I hope I made you laugh and I hope it's a positive visit.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home