Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You can lead a dog to water.....

but you can't make him swim.

Our old labs were like fish in the water. I vaguely remember MFH walking into the deep part of the river and we would call the yellow pup so he'd swim back and forth between us. The first time we got my black pup near the water, he took flight over the bank and never looked back.

We went camping last weekend, and I was really looking forward to getting the dogs to the water for the first time. How awful is that? They are 11 months old and have never been swimming. Of course, we didn't get them until mid-September, and there weren't many opportunities to hit the water between then and now.

This is how they looked.

We laughed our asses off.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home