Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bad parents

The Boy had tubes put in his ears today. He was so brave - not a single tear even as they wheeled him away from us to the OR in a wagon. A wagon! How cool is that?

Of course I forgot my camera. I did have my cell phone and snapped a few pictures. Now I know this will be stupid, but how do I get the pictures off my phone to the computer. Email? which we don't subscribe to with our cell phones but I think it's there and maybe they just charge by the usage? Special USB cord? Anyone? Help!

When we got home and he was feeling better, he walked out onto the deck with me.

"Mom, I can hear wind! I never heard wind before!"

We get a lot of wind here, people.

Ouch.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    I'm so glad to hear he was so brave and did good!!! Oh my goodness on the wind...... Don't beat yourself up. Just look forward to how great he's going to be now!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger DD said…

    But how awesome is it that he could hear it?!

    Yes, you can send your picture as an attachment to an email account. That's how I load a lot of mine.

    I'm so glad that the procedure obviously went well.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow.

    as always I LOVE your Boy.

    (I think we're heading the tubes way up in herre soon as well)

    Carla

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Aww! What a brave boy! When I was younger, probably in my tweens, I got glasses for the first time. As I walked out of the Drs office, I commented to my mom that the trees actually had individual leaves! And I could see them! Don't beat yourself up, it happens! ;-) And really, it is no big deal in the grand scheme of things

     

Post a Comment

<< Home