Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Liability

Her insurance company has assumed liability for the accident. This, after interviewing both of us and making sure our stories meshed, and after asking me if I had exchanged angry words with her.

WTF?

I'll admit I was pissed and I got out of my car intending to let her have it. But The Boy was hysterical and he was my main concern, so I tended to him. It was much later when I spoke to her, and I felt bad that she was so shook up, so I was nice.

I am going to the doctor today because I am having some pain that I think should have subsided by now. Better to be safe.

The adjustor came to look at my car yesterday. The last time I got hit, the adjustor came to look at the car when nobody was around and we got screwed. This time we towed the car to MFH's worksite and they had to deal with him. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. We had insurance that covered collectable cars, and we had a specific dollar value on it that would cover our losses if an accident was my fault. He tried to get out of MFH what that dollar amount was. Right. I want what I'll need to replace that car, not what I paid for the one that I already owned that your client wrecked.

They went through the car and MFH pointed out all the options on the car that would add value to it. The 17 year old adjustor declared the car to be a total loss.

"17 years old?" I asked.

"He couldn't have been much older than that," MFH said. "As we were walking around the car, he wondered aloud why the airbags didn't go off.....on a car made in 1977."

3 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    Oh my gosh, why the airbags didn't go. That is hysterical. I hope you get every last dime you can from the insurance company!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Oh dear lord...maybe you could bribe him with a tube of Clearisil?

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    oh boy.... this could be interesting(easy for me to say,huh?). I hope you get what you should without having a big fight.

    airbags... huh...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home