Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Down

Today is my birthday.

I am a little down in the dumps.

Since the loss of my brother, and then the arrival of my son, I've tried to make a big deal about birthdays. It's important to The Boy and he gets very excited whether it's his birthday or someone else's birthday. MFH, who is normally so thoughtful, didn't take him to buy a gift (or pick out a free gift, which would be the kittens that I wanted).

The Boy's disappointment could be the reason behind my mood.

Or maybe it's the BIG milestone birthday that is right around the corner in 2009......

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    Happy Birthday. Sorry you are down. Sucks extra to be down on a birthday.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    Happy Birthday!

    I find birthdays a very bittersweet thing as I grow older.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Yo-yo Mama said…

    A big thump to MFH for not bringing home a batch of kittens.

    But I hope that ultimately you did have a Happy Birthday. Screw the numbers, my dear. You are beyond fabulous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home