Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A belated birthday

I finally told MFH why I was so upset that he didn't take The Boy to pick out kittens for me.

A few days prior to my birthday, The Boy came to me and said, "I know what I'm getting for your birthday, but I can't tell you. I just don't know when me and dad will have time to go pick out a little thing that crawls on the ground and has triangle ears."

It took all I had to keep a straight face.

The Boy takes great care to choose gifts from the heart, and this was so very important to him. He was upset that my birthday came and went without a kitten.

So, on Saturday, he and I went to the local animal shelter and picked out not one, but two kittens! He chose for me - a black and white boy, and a gray tabby girl. The boy was fixed already, so we were able to bring him home. The little girl is being fixed today and we can pick her up tomorrow.

They will not be allowed outside, and I am hoping that with two they can keep each other company and be content inside the house.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said…

    Yeah! And great idea-my sister lost a couple kitties, at once, and now her kitties don't go outside. They are wonderfully happy with the run of the house. BTW-there are cat harnesses-very similiar to dog harnesses-that you can put on your cats to take them outside. Most cats won't really walk on them, like a dog, but if you have a backyard, you can put them on the leash and play in the backyard. ;-) If you start when they are still young, they might really get used to it and it would be a great outdoor outing for them!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Away2me (Deanna) said…

    Well what have you named your new family members?

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    awwwwwww. I hope you post pics when she comes home!

    They will be fine inside. My cats have all never been allowed out and they are fine(a little lazy, but fine).

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Cricket said…

    YIPPEE! Indoor kitties! Congrats and Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger carla said…

    I want names too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home