Stiletto

Just a mom raising The Boy (adopted from Guatemala) along with my fabulous husband (MFH). I am a shoe whore, especially of the high heeled variety. Hence, the nickname.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Shopping on TV

I do a lot of my shopping from catalogs and online, mostly because we don't have a lot of choices here in small resort town. Most of the stores seem to cater to the very young or the very old or the very rich, with not much thought for us young-at-heart-not-yet-old-pocketbook-conscientious inbetweens.

Do any of you shop on those home shopping channels?

What do you think of them?

I've just recently rediscovered them and I find myself oohing and aahing over the stuff and just itching to pick up that phone and dial in. Oh! And to have my testimonial on TV!

Are the prices on those home shopping networks a good deal? Does anybody know? Any of you I mean. I could just take the word of those people who call in their testimonials, but I'm a little creeped out by people who just sit in front of the TV all day and all night and buy stuff, apparently tons of stuff, and then call in to say how wonderful it all is and how the hosts have become like family to them.

I would never be one of those people.

Not as long as my computer is working, anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never purchased anything from t.v. before, but I've had pretty good luck with catalogs -- mainly with Spe.igel.

    Ditto mamb in regards to shipping costs.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger [] said…

    I do most of my shopping online. I can't stand malls and boutiques put me in the red way too fast. I justify buying a lot at once to offset the shipping.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home